Wednesday, November 29, 2006

How Did My Flower Garden Grow?

This past year was a very good year for flowers. The Easter Lilies below are a gift from my husband last year. He bought 20 of them for me at one cent each. I came home one day and my dining room table was full of individually potted easter lilies. It was beautiful. We planted them last year and most of them came back up in a corner of our front yard. Behind them are morning glories growing along our picket fence. The lilies were hidden from everyone but me. Below are a few more.


Japanese Tiger Lilies I planted this year beside a rock up in the front yard.




This sunflower actually came up from seed that had to have been dropped by a bird, as we had planted these in our backyard last year. I love the different colors in the flower. Behind is my second year crop of echinacea.




A white dahlia. Another new one we planted this year.




I planted these last year. I got the bulbs from a nursery catalog. This year the onion blooms came up and bloomed a beautiful starbust of purple looking stars just in time for Fourth of July.







One of the new dahlias we planted in the back yard.










I know that this is not a very clear good picture of my roses, but it was supposed to freeze that night and it was late when I found out. I rushed outside to take this picture. The sun was fading fast so my flash kicked in and then my battery died. So this is it.






No comments:

Google Groups The Complete Idiots Guide to GPC
Browse Archives at groups.google.com